ApconiX has a vacancy for a Research Scientist based at the BioHub, Alderley Park, UK
ApconiX is an integrated toxicology and ion channel company that brings together a team of dedicated world-class experts to ensure that potential new medicines are safe for patients. We work with other companies, charities, academic institutions and government agencies across the world, to help understand safety risks and maximise the potential of drug projects from early discovery through to clinical development, registration, and life cycle management. Within the ApconiX lab, we screen for ion channel activity using state of the art equipment and actively pursue several research areas.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated life scientist who would enjoy this busy and dynamic environment. You will need to be flexible, collaborative and highly organised and approach your work with passion and a sense of fun. Because we’re a small company that’s growing quickly, this is a great opportunity for the right person to make a huge impact, and be part of something special.
Your key responsibilities will be to support diverse, global drug discovery and development projects by:
- Generating and interpreting ion channel data for clients’ candidate molecules. This will include cell culture, automated electrophysiology, and data analysis.
- Conducting target safety assessments to help clients make decisions about how to progress
- Conducting ion channel and stem cell research to help develop knowledge and new assays in these rapidly developing areas. You will work towards presentation and publication of your research.
You will accomplish this by working closely with our team of experienced laboratory and project scientists. Full training will be provided.
Candidate essential requirements:
- Qualified to MSc or PhD level in Biological Sciences or similar
- Fluent English with excellent communication skills
- IT skills
- UK right of abode
Candidate desirable requirements:
- Diverse laboratory experience
- Drug Discovery experience
- Problem solving and creativity
The position is a full time 12-month temporary contract in the first instance. The company offers competitive pay, flexible working and holidays.
How to Apply Please submit a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st 2017. For more information, contact Michael.Morton@apconix.com or on 07340 767568.