Target Safety Assessments (TSAs)
Understanding the potential safety risks associated with a specific target or pathway is a crucial step in building an informed risk assessment for drug projects. ApconiX TSAs collate relevant information from the literature and other publicly-available sources to concisely present any potential safety risks with possible mitigation plans. Our TSAs are written by experienced project toxicologists familiar with working in a project environment
“ApconiX target reviews are of outstanding quality and obviously created by people with a thorough understanding of what is needed to help guide decisions.”
Your Target Safety Assessment can include:
- Executive summary that presents all the key information in a convenient form
- Suggested risk assessment plan to guide ranking of risks and next steps
- Background to the project such as homology, expression, transgenic and mutation phenotypes to understand the role of the target in normal biology and the potential toxicological consequences of its modulation
- Potential safety risks for major organ systems (including nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, reproductive, liver, immune and gastrointestinal systems + others relevant for the target) ranked by probability and consequences.
- Competitor compound information in the public domain.
Overall, our integrated TSAs enable you to make informed decisions on all aspects of your discovery and development programme.