Ion Channel Screening And Assay Development
Whether you want to explore an ion channel as a new potential target or understand cardiovascular liability, ApconiX can help you with our electrophysiology expertise, customer-focused flexibility and high data quality. Importantly, ApconiX is uniquely positioned to help place these data in the right context for your programme and explain how they inform decision making.
You will benefit from:
- Direct, functional electrophysiology measurements, performed by experts, with fewer artefacts than ligand-binding or fluorescence assays
- A high-throughput testing format on the latest generation automated electrophysiology platforms that allows for concurrent testing of large numbers of compounds with rapid delivery of information
- The advice you need to take an informed next step
- Talking directly to an ApconiX scientist to tailor our service specifically to your needs.
hERG channel inhibition can have a significant negative impact on your drug’s value and probability of success. You will benefit from our combined expertise in ion channel electrophysiology and project toxicology that allows you to move molecules away from this liability while there are still choices in chemical design.
ApconiX offers you high-quality hERG data generated by our electrophysiology experts as part of your drug discovery screening cascade. ApconiX is uniquely positioned to work with your project team to interpret your data in the context of your drug discovery program.
ApconiX also offers a more comprehensive assessment of cardiac liability with assays for all CiPA ion channels and more advanced models of cardiac safety such as Purkinje fibre and Langendorf models.
You will gain a deeper understanding of the potential for effects on cardiac safety to refine your decision-making and deliver an optimal (de-risked) clinical candidate.
Please complete our Ion Channel Enquiry Form and we’ll send you a quotation that matches your needs.
The regulations regarding the testing of new drugs for cardiac safety are changing. ApconiX can help you understand how these new regulations will affect you and guide you through the testing process. We are working with a number of stakeholders to create this new regulatory framework called CiPA (Comprehensive in vitro Proarrhythmia Assay). The new paradigm will include the testing of a wider panel of ion channels, in silico modelling of ion channel data, and measurements using human stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes.
ApconiX offers a comprehensive CiPA assay package based on the seven CiPA ion channel targets proposed by CiPA:
- hERG, hNaV1.5 (peak current), hNaV1.5 (late current), hCaV1.2, hKir2.1, hKv4.3/KChip, and hKvLQT1/mink.
- Through our expert alliances with QT Informatics and PhysioStim, ApconiX can also deliver CiPA in silico action potential modelling and measurements of stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes.
- We are here to give you the advice you need to take an informed next step. We will support you to make the right decision.
Please email Dr Michael Morton for more information:
Ion channels play a central role in normal and disease biology. ApconiX have been involved in developing and optimising novel assays for ion channels as drug targets.
At ApconiX we can:
- Develop novel ion channel assays as part of your drug discovery cascade
- Investigate and validate hits
- Design mechanism of action studies
Want To Find Out More?
To discuss the best approach for your drug project, please get in touch with Michael Morton via phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you already know what you need, please fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you promptly.